Saturday, April 20, 2013

Academic Vocabulary Reviews

I'm really excited! Today I created two new jeopardy games to review the common academic language we need for discussing a multitude of concepts in ELA and Science. I have been meaning to do this FOREVER! I had created one for ELA on poster board two years ago, and just used it for review last week, but it was time to update! I never realized how easy it was to make a jeopardy game. I'll follow this post with a link to instructions for doing so. I don't know, though, I may be the last teacher in the world to have discovered it! Here's my jeopardy game:
ELA Jeopardy Review Game
Here's the one I created for Science. I have to admit, Science is not my forte, but I want something fun to do with the kids since I'm required to teach it in order to get them ready for testing. I know this is VERY basic, but you can use it at the beginning of the year to see what they know, and I'll use it to prepare for testing as a way to blow off some steam, have a little fun, and maybe target those kids who are real low. In any case, my students are bilingual, so having to come up with the word matching the definition without a list of choices, is a good way to work out their brains.
Science Vocabulary Review
I hope these are helpful to you! Make sure you use some incentives and make the competition fun! I'll be adding a review for math very soon!

Here's a link to the instructions for making your own template. Of course you're free to use mine, but I put my title page at the end, because I forgot to add it at the beginning. Once you have all the pages hyperlinked, if you insert a page, it throws all your hyperlinks off! I am excited to add some multimedia features to the next ones I do, but I think these are pretty nifty for my first try!

No comments:

Post a Comment