Sunday, May 18, 2014

Literacy Choice Activity Rubric

Here it is, Sunday again, and I, as usual, am doing my lesson planning. Yes, lesson planning, yes, on Sunday night, even on one of the last Sunday nights of the school year. Why don't I just break out last year's plans and let them color for the next couple weeks? Why? Because I truly love learning and teaching and I feel determined to keep them engaged until the end ... maybe not the very end ... maybe then we'll all watch a well-known and well-loved movie, such as The Chronicles of Narnia ... that always makes for rich thinking and discussion! 
Anyway, I am inspired today by this book I bought at our end of the year book fair. 
I always try to spend some money at the book fair, and when it's buy one, get one free, I can't resist. Even started my Christmas shopping! 
Anyway, that's not what I am here to blog about! I came to share with you the rubric I made for the projects the kids are doing for Out of My Mind. Out of all the kids, they only chose a few projects, but you could absolutely modify this for any one of the choices on the menu. You know they need some kind of guidlines so they can be proud of the work they do! Hope this helps you in some way, and seriously, if you love reading and you want your kids to love reading, get that book mentioned above!

No comments:

Post a Comment