Wednesday, May 1, 2013

College and Career Camp

My class is going to spend the rest of the year in social studies learning about college and career planning. I developed this self-guided lesson about a year ago in one of my counseling classes, and I am really excited to use it. Through this lesson, kids will explore their personal interests, learn about career choices that align with their interests, and explore colleges and financial planning. It is pretty rigorous for fifth graders, but my kids started it today, and some of them were really taking off. I am planning to follow it up with directed research into their career field of choice, and knock out some technology standards by having them create a commercial or ad demonstrating why others should choose their field of choice. Feel free to use my Powerpoint and accompanying worksheet and let me know how they do!
All kids love to think about what they're going to be when they grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment